Friday, March 28, 2014

A bit more fabric

I decided to participate in the American Made Brand Farm to Fabric Challenge. You can read more about it over at http://www.oliveandollie.com. I did a search and found Hancock's of Paducah had 47 of the 50 colors. My order came Wednesday, but there are a few pieces on backorder. I sure hope it doesn't take too long to get my order filled. Here is at least what I bought so far.

I have some grays, a dark yellow, and a piece of cream yet to come. I did wash what I had and it washed up very nice. It is not as heavy as Kona. It is more like Moda Bella. It pressed up nicely after washing and the pieces I received stayed true to grain - meaning after the fabric was washed the raw edges lined up nicely and not all askew so you end up cutting off 2 or 3 inches of fabric to get a straight starting edge. Since most of my work is improv piecing this is not an issue for me, but for many of you this is important.

I will have a busy weekend finishing up quilting the pieces I can't talk about and maybe get the next project underway. I have to spend some time figuring out deadlines for several projects and get my fabric organized so I don't miss any of my dates.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: