Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The work

I spent my half day vacation and evening doing mostly handwork. I now have all the bindings hand stitching done and moved on to the hanging rod pockets. I have 3 done and here are five more ready for the hand stitching. I underestimated how long this part of the work would take and I am learning a lesson. That lesson would be to take the time and just sew on the rod pockets when I finish a piece.


Last night I slept with the window in the bedroom open! It was 57 degrees coming into work this morning. I know it is going to end soon, but it sure has been a lovely warm fall.

I am taking another half day today, but I have some running around I have to do. I need to take back a HD cord to Best Buy to get a refund on my Visa, stop and get a piece of foam core, and stop at the grocery store for a couple of items. Doesn't sound like much, but I am estimating this killing 2 hours of my half day.

My goal today is to get the rod pockets on the five pieces I have ready and get more rod pockets ready for the next group. I plan on having 16 pieces ready for the exhibit.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I sew my rod pocket to the top before I sew on the binding and then I only have one edge to sew down. I think you will get more done than you think you will today. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.