Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another busy day

It took me 1 hour and 50 minutes to do my errands after I left work - 2 hours was a pretty good guess! I finished hand sewing the rod pockets on the five pieces I prepped the night before and pinned on the pockets on four more. I have two left to do.


After I finished sewing on the rod pocket for each piece, I laid it on the table and measured out the hanging rod length.


Here are the hanging rods marked for length and I wrote the number of the piece it goes with on it too. I will get my handy dandy miter saw fired up and trim these tomorrow. Then after drilling a small hole in each end for the screw eyes I will hand them on a long piece of scrap which I will hammer in finish nails (finish nails don't have a head on them), prop the wood on a couple of ladders and then hang the hanging rods thru one of the screw eyes on a nail so I can spray paint them. Did that make sense? I will take a picture of this operation and post it next week.


I am taking a break from blogging until Monday, 11/29, but I will have a lot to post - the hanging of my exhibit, the start of the family xmas quilt, and who know what other kind of work (trouble!) I will get myself into.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: