Friday, August 26, 2016

Quilt progress

I am now done with the off white area - the fabric is really a tiny striped fabric. Here is what the quilt looks like now.

I was on my way back from getting a perm and saw a lot of emergency and police lights. I wasn't sure I would be able to get past them, but they had the outer lane open. I counted at least three sheriff cars, a couple of state highway cars, at least four ambulances, and two or three fire trucks. I never did see any smashed cars, but eventually an ambulance did come by with their light flashing. This is a major intersection, but the officers kept the traffic moving while clean up was taking place. I didn't see anything in the paper about it so I have no idea what happened. I made it home safe and that I was grateful for!

This weekend I plan on finishing the baby quilt and figuring out what my next project is going to be. It funny to have to think about my next project when for 3 months I only had two to focus on. Now with these quicker projects I have to think ahead so I don't waste time once I get something done.

Have a great weekend!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Machine quilting ...

has begun! Here is what I have done so far using Kin Tut Parchment colored thread. I love King Tut thread. I use it in the bobbin as well as on top.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Slowly moving

Last evening was not that productive. I was still so tired from the heat and humidity from Saturday with helping to load and unload the equipment for the band. I did get a load of laundry done, baked a few cookies, and forced myself to pin baste the baby quilt before I went to bed early.

I am feeling better today. I think I will start the machine quilting tonight.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Exhausting Weekend

I finished embroidering the AC/DC quilt on Friday night as I watched the Indians game. I was up at 6 to start the finishing. I pushed as hard as I could and didn't even have time to hang it up to make sure it would hang straight. I had to drop it off by 1 p.m. when they first opened, because I had to drive to my brother's house to head for the fundraiser/gig with the band. The Art prize people will send me the professional photo of my piece, but for now here is all I have.

So we head to the gig and it is hot and muggy. It was a nice venue. The band was under a pavilion and we put up a tent for the merchandise booth. Then it rained. It stopped and rained again. I am so glad I spent the time to wash and fix my hair - not! I was a sopping wet rag by the time we loaded out. They sold lots of tickets for the Harley quilt - I don't know how much it raised yet. The winner was someone who really wanted the quilt bad. The winner was the bass player for the band! It was all legit too. He spent $20.00 on tickets and was so excited that he won. I got to bed at midnight.

Sunday morning I could hardly move. I spent the morning knitting while I watched a bit of TV. I got 9" added to this scarf which I haven't worked on in months. It is now 46" long. The finish length is 70".

Between cleaning the studio and doing laundry, I got the baby quilt for my SIL's friend ready to pin baste.

From 5:45 to 6:55 I trimmed and mowed the front yard and one side yard. I hadn't mowed in at least a month so the yard was a mess. It looks a lot better although the flower beds are still a wreck. After mowing I was done for the day and exhausted.

Friday, August 19, 2016

29 hours to go ...

until I have to turn in my AC/DC piece. Last night I did get done what I set out to do. I finished the "Done Dirt Cheap" lettering and border. The letters are smaller so there were a few times I had to use the stab method to get around the tight curves.

I still need to finish the stars. They don't take very long to do.

And this morning before work I got the border started. I am using a variegated blue thread.

So what else is on the list for this piece? I need to put the date on two shirts, sew on the facing binding, add a rod pocket, and add a label. I will probably be up late tonight and early tomorrow to get it all done.

I had sent a text to the woman who is having the 6th poker run in honor of her daughter. I also sent her a picture of the Harley quilt. She got back to me last night and said "Omg it's beautiful ... crying" I am so glad she likes it. I will be looking forward to reactions on Saturday when it gets displayed for the fundraiser.

I just heard from Glenda of Her and her husband home was flooded in the floods in Baton Rouge. If you go to her blog she posted a picture of their belongings sitting on the curb - all damaged from the flood waters. Thru all of this her big worry is the animals that were displaced during the flooding including three shelters that were flooded. is in need of donations to feed all the dogs and cats that need taken care of until they can be returned to their owners or the strays can be adopted. I know it would mean a lot to Glenda for us to pitch in.

Have a great weekend!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Progress pictures

First, the back of the Harley quilt. I took the picture this morning and even after turning on all the lights it is still a bit dark.

Here is the progression on the last AC/DC shirt that needs embroidered. I was up at 4:30 this morning. I just couldn't go back to sleep, so I got another hour and 15 minutes of stitching in this morning.

I am getting there! I have tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday morning. I have to drop it off Saturday afternoon. If I had I another week, I would add more, but it is what it is.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Silly me

I forgot to take a picture of my progress on the last t-shirt this morning - silly me! I did get some clip rings so I could hang up the Harley t-shirt quilt and take a better picture of it. The quilt is 84" x 96". I will have to get a picture of the back for you.