Monday, September 21, 2026
What a weekend!
Friday night I finished up this set of TBs and PBs.
Saturday morning I worked on getting what I could done on this set of TBs and PBs. The pieces are quilted and the zipper pouch pieces are pressed. All I need are the zippers which I will order once I figure out how many and of what colors I need.
The rain let up a bit so I decided to clean up the front bed. It didn't take too long. Here is the before and after.
A runner showed up with the tablecloth that needed the name on it and it also needed hemmed. It was "hemmed" with blue gaffer's tape! LOL!
The runner was such a sweet young lady that I decided to put the zippers in two of the leftover small pouches that I didn't have zippers for back in April. I got these together before she came to pu the tablecloth. One for her and one for Nora.
After I handed off the tablecloth, I decided to go ahead and put the zippers in the last five pouches. These will be handy to have on hand for a little gift.
I worked on the next set of TBs and PBs, but I didn't get too far before I had to get ready to go downtown to see a show at the Akron Civic Theater. Another brother of mine is touring with Ray LaMontagne. The Civic is an old theater that has been restored. It is amazing! The show was wonderful!
Sunday I work on the PBs a bit and then company showed up with another emergency sewing job. I needed to shorten the straps and put a slit in a dress for homecoming. The straps were so easy to do; they were not buried between the dress fabric and the lining. The straps were just surface mounted on the lining. Taking out the seams of the dress and lining took longer than sewing it back together. I sewed the dress to the lining so they would be one unit rather that each layer hanging separately.
Well then we had to go to lunch! We were all hungry since nobody had much of a breakfast and it was getting onto 1 PM. We all ordered appetizers - chicken nachos, fried pickles, deviled eggs, cheese curds - and an entre - cauliflower pizza, philly cheese steak sandwich, a salad with grilled chicken, and flatbread pizza. I had my leftover flatbread pizza for breakfast this morning. It was all very good!
I finished up four PBs when I got home. These are so cute with the pigs!
I had a thought of using fleece in the front panel and quilting it rather than using interfacing with no quilting for the front panel like I have been making them. I kind of like the fleece and quilted panel more - the one with the pigs. It does make for a more substantial feeling PB.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment