Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Cutting pieces and parts, fabric purchase, and happy birthday Bruce.

I ran out of flannel pieces for the TBs so I spent my time last evening working on cutting those. I pressed on interfacing to the strips of flannel then cut them to size.
While I was cutting, I needed to cut more fleece interfacing for the lining part of the TBs. I now have a nice stack of those.
Here are my pieces and parts trays for the TBs. Since I am not using my step ladder right now, it makes the perfect place to keep the trays.
I now have all the parts I need to finish up these four TBs. I did see that I only have three more pieces of vinyl, so I will have to cut more of those. I am always running out of parts! LOL!!
I wanted more of that cute pig fabric and went on a search to find some. I didn't remember where I had bought it. I found it on sale at Lou Lou's Fabric Shop along with some of the other scissor fabrics I had used recently. It was all on sale for $7.00 a yard! I bought enough I got free shipping too! Maybe that is where I bought them before. Well, I bought repeats and new fabrics in this order. I think the scissor fabric TBs and PBs will be snapped up fast so I was glad to find the fabric so I can make more.  The pink fabric is a new one and the repeats are the pigs. I bought all the pig fabric they had left. I got 2 1/2 yards of the turquoise and one yard of the gray.
The scissor fabric in the lower left is a repeat and the other three are new. I just had to buy that scissor fabric in another colorway! The two tone-on-tone fabrics will be used for the lining and pockets of the TBs.
Both scissor fabrics are repeats and the spool fabric is new. I thought the spools would be smaller, but it will still work for the lining of a TB.
Happy 77th birthday Bruce! I took this picture when I got to go see him in Cleveland earlier this year.

No comments: