Tuesday, September 8, 2026
3 days of Thread Beds, Project bags, and more
I only left the house this 3 day weekend to walk over to the neighbor's to get their mail while they are on vacation and to spend about 45 minutes in the yard wacking weeds. Otherwise, I was in the studio sewing. I got 18 thread beds (TBs) done and 8 project bags (PB). I made four of these TBs
2 of these
2 of these
4 of these
and 2 each of these
I decided to try and make some project bags with fabric fronts instead of vinyl. Some people don't like vinyl. I like the vinyl fronts because you can see what is in the bag. Here is the first fabric front one I made and it is completely lined.
I just had to think about the best way to cut fabric to get the most out of what yardage I have. I had a lot of this print and I had enough for six thread beds which still need finished and a PB of each type. This will give people a choice of which ever style they prefer.
Here are the eight PBs I got done this weekend
The Hulk got a workout with the snap installation for the TBs!
On Monday I needed to get the handles made for some tote bags for the merch booth. As I was pressing handles for topstitching, I found a couple more pieces of fabric to cut totes and handles. I spent about four hours cutting, pressing, and topstitching enough handles for 28 bags. I am going to have to dig around to find more fabric for tote bags although we only have a few more shows on the schedule right now.
On my temporary extra table in the studio, I have the in-progress TBs and PBs staged. The two stacks at the left just need sewn together. The three lavender and pink stacks in the back row need zippers which I will get when I place another order after I figure out all the zippers I need. The remaining stacks in front have everything including zipper, but I didn't press the pieces for the zipper pockets or iron on the interfacing. For these I just wanted to see what I could get out of two yards of fabric which was four TBs and two each of PBs with the fabric fronts and two with vinyl fronts.
Here are all the TBs and PBs I have made so far. There are 97 TBs and 21 PBs. That seems like a lot until you get 150 people in a room! I will keep making them for a couple more weeks and then switch to making those scissor pouches.
The scissor pouches are my giveaway to anyone who attends the retreat and for the workers at the Hobby House Needleworks shop.
I did do some dishes, make food for lunches this week, and did a couple loads of laundry too. The only thing I didn't get to was Scotchguarding the road case covers and altering the one cover. I will have to get that done this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment