Friday, September 18, 2026
Making letters and TBs
The evening was full of interruptions, but I managed to get a few things accomplished. First was a load of laundry and then I worked on finding the materials I needed for appliquéing a name on a tablecloth. One of my brothers had called me and said he had a tablecloth that had been cut down and needed to be hemmed. It also needed a name on it with around 5" letters, any font, and in silver. I found the heat and bond, found some kind of shiny washable satin and had printed off the letters to size. I traced the letters on the heat and bond, pressed them on the satin, then cut the letters out so they are now ready to go. I will machine stitch around the letters to the tablecloth. He will be dropping off the tablecloth when he gets into town. He is on tour with a musician and they are playing here this upcoming weekend.
I did get the next four TBs taped. One is now quilted with the flannel attached and the zipper pocket placed. I just have to press the self-binding and it will be ready to finish.
At lunch I got more fleece interfacing pressed onto the scissor pouch fabric. Here is what I did yesterday. Looks like that one on top needs pressed again! LOL!!
I now have a tray for the ones I did yesterday and all this week.
My plans for the weekend are to get that tablecloth done and handed back over while my brother is in town, go to the show, work in the yard if it isn't raining, and get a few more TBs and PBs sewn together. Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment