Thursday, December 22, 2022

Placemat progress

Here is my progress on the placemats. I sewed together the binding, but they still need pressed.
I finished free motion quilting one section of placemat sandwich and got a little over 1/3 quilted on the last placemat section. I had enough quilted I cut off one placemat and here is what I have left to quilt on the last piece. The scissors are placed at what is already quilted.
After I cut my blanks, I used a lid to mark my corners.
I cut the corners off with scissors.
Here are the four blanks ready for binding.
I did stop at the library after work to pick up a DVD, Top Gun Maverick, and found a few other CD's and documentaries to watch over Xmas break. I had been in line to get the Top Gun DVD for months and having it be my turn to borrow this DVD over Xmas is perfect!
The color copier is still broken so I guess I will spend the day prepping stuff to print once it gets fixed, I can give it a workout!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't done bias binding for a long time but I think I'll do it on some potholders. I'm not really fond of pointed corners on them.

Kaja said...

Your way of making curved corners is so simple, but I wouldn't have thought of it. I really like how it looks. Nothing better than a few peaceful evenings and a good pile of DVDs.