Friday, December 2, 2022

Border progress

The left border was sewn and attached
Here is how I joined the border sections together. I overlapped two sections and made sure they were straight.
I sliced thru the two sections.
Sewed the sections together and pressed the seam open. I added on the two remaining sections the same way then trimmed the border piece to the width I wanted.
After I sewed the border to the body of the quilt, I nipped off the corners of the seam in the seam allowance. I find this gets rid of a bit of the bulk. It seems like this wouldn't be necessary, but I find it does make a difference.
The right side border is sewn and trimmed so it is all ready to sew on the body of the quilt. So you know what I will be doing this weekend! Yes, finishing this top, pin basting and hopefully start quilting. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is looking good and the borders add so much interest to the quilt.

Pauline Michaud said...

The borders are really looking good. Can't wait to see the entire quilt. Here's to a very productive weekend.

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend. The quilt is looking good!