Monday, December 12, 2022

Mish-mash of stuff

I was so tired on Friday and Saturday it was hard to get myself to move. I did hem the sleeves to a jacket, fixed a skirt hem, and finished up 10 more tote bags to get them off my sewing table.
I ran some errands Saturday morning and bought two strings of lights. I broke down this year and decorated the front window with the lights. I had to haul up from downstairs the stand that the ceramic tree is on. That bookstand is heavy! Here is what my display looks like from the outside and inside.  I should have taken a picture of my neighbor's house.  Dave has put up more lights this year.  I told him I thought the Griswolds had moved in next door!  His response was "Wait till next year!"  I will take a picture tonight.  
Sunday I was finally feeling more energetic. I delivered the jacket and skirt - they were for a relative thus the delivery service. I stopped at JoAnn's on my way to get some interfacing that was on sale, thread, and a zipper. Yes, that is a lot of interfacing for t-shirts, but I have a king-sized t-shirt quilt that needs to get made and it is going to take a lot of interfacing!
I came home with a tape dispenser that my son had ordered for me from the place he works. He gets a discount and free shipping. No more fighting with those cheap plastic tape dispensers that you have to use two hands to cut the tape. That red one in the picture is now in the trash!  The dispenser is heavy enough that it doesn't move when you pull on the tape and I can switch out the rolls of tape and put the masking tape I use when I tape my backings down. This trip to JoAnn's, delivering the clothes, and getting gas took 3 hours.
Next I did dishes, made a pot of chili, made some Mexican rice to go with the chili, and replaced the zipper in a pair of pants that belong to the husband of a woman I work with. He only wore the pants once and the zipper got all messed up. I wanted to get these down right away - she had just given them to me on Friday - and not let them linger around.
Finally, I got to quilting on the t-shirt quilt. I have one shirt quilted, but it is a least a start.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

For a tired person you sure did accomplish a lot! I think your decorations are lovely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't replaced a zipper in a pair of pants for over 30 years and I don't remember any good memories with it. I guess if you charge enough it takes away some of the pain, You are a sewing angel.