Friday, December 3, 2021

Stocking done. Next!

Yeah! I got the stocking finished and it will be going in the mail today. I did use the wreath fabric for the back and I think it looks good.
In order to squeeze in more time at the sewing machine I took my sewing machine to work and instead of doing cross stitch at lunch, I plan on sewing anything I don't need a iron for. Yesterday I sewed the vinyl strips together for the sides of that platform cover and then sewed on the Velcro. So this weekend I just have to sew the side to the top and it will be done!
Today I brought pastel flannel strips for the other flannel quilt I am going to try and get done for Xmas. I can just sew the strips into three strip units then press and cut them tonight. Next week at lunch I can sew blocks together. This weekend I plan on getting the platform cover done and put some serious time into quilting the dark flannel quilt. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Congratulations! That stocking is really cute. Good luck on all your projects this weekend. We're planning to decorate indoors and out for Christmas, so I probably won't get much time at my machine, but that is a-ok. Have a great weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's great that you can sneak a little sewing in at work. The stocking turned out great. I love piping but don't think I've made any for the last 20 years.

Robin said...

The red piping added just the right touch. Very nice.

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Christine said...

Super stocking.... Love the piping
Well done

barbara woods said...

love your stocking

Robbie said...

The stocking is adorable!!!!