Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Dark Flannel quilt progress

I am now 70 percent done with the quilting! Woohoo! I ought to be putting on the binding by this weekend. I won't do the hand sewing though; I will save that to do at work on my lunch hour. I will use my time at home for getting the pastel top put together.
Yesterday at lunch time I started to sew the pastel blocks together, but then the architect called so I spent my entire lunch hour talking to him. Ugh! I only got two blocks sewn together.
I am using my spare machine and I haven't used it much since I bought it. It felt tight when I sewed on it so this morning I brought my oil bottle and oiled it up good! The presser foot would not lower like it should and it took a lot of oil to get it moving properly. I oiled the bobbin area and the shaft that holes the needle and now the machine is purring like a kitten! Here he is waiting for me the put him into action at lunchtime.
I don't care if the Pope calls; I am not answering the phone.  I am sewing at my lunch hour today!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, stand up for yourself. Shame on the architect for calling during lunch hour.