Thursday, December 23, 2021

Deer pillows done!

I made the inserts for the deer pillows and ended up having more than enough fiberfill. I am glad I didn't waste a trip to the store to get a bag because I thought a week ago I didn't have enough.
Yesterday at work some company sent us lunch from Chipotle. I snagged two of the boxes so I could wrap the flannel quilts.
I will be taking off work from Dec. 24 thru Jan.2 so my posting will be sparse unless I can get my laptop to work from home. I don't have internet so I use the hot spot on my phone. The glass man is coming the 29th to install the mirror and shower door in the primary bathroom. My girlfriend is coming on the 31st and will be staying two nights for a sewing marathon and so neither one of us is alone on New Year's. My car appointment for new tires on the 27th had to be moved because a father and son who work at the tire shop had an exposure to covid and to be safe they are quarantining. That will give me more time at home so I am ok with moving the appointment; I hope they are ok. Covid is one level under the worst level in the country where I live. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

8 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

The two pillows look wonderful! Congratulations on accomplishing your goals for Christmas. I hope you get to enjoy some good, well-deserved time off. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Cherie Moore said...

The deer pillows look great - no need for piping ��. Your flannel quilts are beautiful and will be super snuggly, especially after they take their first run through the wash. Great call on snagging the Chipotle boxes…..they are perfect for the quilts. I love it when that happens! Have a wonderful time off and enjoy the holiday season ��

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The deer pillows look great and I'm glad you had enough filling on hand. I hope the glass man can get everything installed without a problem. That will be nice to have the bathroom done.

Robbie said...

The deer pillows are lovely!!!!! What a wonderful gift!!! Enjoy your time off, time with friends and hope you have a wonderful New Year! Covid free!

Christine said...

Happy Christmas and hope all goes well through the Christmas time foryou.
Stay safe

Vicki W said...

The deer pillows are beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year sew-a-thon with your friend.

Kaja said...

Happy New Year! I like the pillows a lot. I hope you had fun with your friend and stay safe and healthy. Omicron is all over the place here but at least people are wearing masks again.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, so much beautiful work in this post. I LOVE your bathroom tile. It looks great. All that work will be worth it in the end.

The tie dye backing on the one quilt and the pieced back are perfect for them. Love the deer pillows. The tie pillow is gorgeous as well. You are soooo creative and talented. Can't wait to see what 2022 brings. Happy new year!