Tuesday, December 21, 2021

19th finish for 2021

Yeah rah! I got the pastel flannel quilt done! It's the same size as the dark flannel quilt.
I then started on another Xmas gift. I was given a bag of ties to make a pillow out of. There were plenty to make three small pillows, but for now I am making two. I first laid out these on a base, but wasn't thrilled with the look.
So then I changed them around and like this better.
The other colorway was the gray ties. Here I have them attached to the base using an embroidery stitch on my machine. I just butted them next to each other. I used a rayon Sulky thread.
I trimmed them to size and to make construction easier, I rounded the corner.
I made the pillow inserts out of some fabric that was given to me. I will stuff those at lunch time today. Tonight after work I will make the backs and sew them together then that job will be done!
The only other project I had planned for Xmas for gifts was to turn these two cross stitch pieces into pillows. I will have to get more fiberfill for stuffing and it just depends on if I can find the time between now and Christmas Eve to make these. I still have pies and cookies to bake.

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

You are so on track to get 21 finishes in 2021. Good for you, Patty! I'm going to have to follow your lead and see if I can set a goal of 22 finishes in 2022. I have a lot of quilts getting to the just right stage for finishing that I could finish a bunch.

I love your cross stitch projects. You are really making great progress with them. Your quilting on the quilt is perfect again. Lovely work.

Cookie making starts on Wednesday here. I have two days to sew. Woohoo!

swooze said...

Wow love the pastel. You have some great pieces going!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt looks great! You still have a lot to get done. Can you take another vacation day?

Christine said...

Like the ties, wish I had thought to do that before giving my husband's tie collection away!
It's a really good idea and looks great.