Friday, December 17, 2021

A bit more progress

I only made a bit more progress on getting the pastel flannel quilt quilted since I had company last night, but it is all good. I got three more blocks quilted which now puts me at about 50% done with the quilting. I have to get the quilting done this weekend in order to have this quilt done for Christmas. Yikes!
I gave my friend her Christmas presents and she had a couple things for me. She gave me this cute minion ornament that also can stand. When you push the button it sing Jingle Bells but in the minion language. It is so cute.
She also gave me this very cool hot tumbler that matches the cold drink tumbler she got me for my birthday. You can feel the texture of the design which is so nice in the hand.
While we visited we opened the package of fabric that came in the mail yesterday.  I had ordered it for a baby quilt with the color Hunter Green as the launching point. This will be for my nephew and his wife's first baby.  We had fun arranging them and added the batik (the arrow is pointing to it) that was in my stash. I plan on making one of those zig zag quilts like the ones I recently made. I need to get this one in the mail sometime in January. I will probably make this over Christmas break.
I brought some stuff from home and did some decorating in my booth at work. Since I spend more waking hours at work than at home I might as well decorate here rather than at home! LOL!! I dug out some Christmas Cats Meow pieces that haven't been out of the box for 18 years!
And I hung up my stocking too!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe everyone at work will fill your stocking with goodies. Great progress on the quilting and I'm sure you will have it done in time.

Robbie said...

Love your office cube! and the minion and tumbler are wonderful! The minion is SO cute!!! Happy Holidays!!!