Last Monday I had 37 melons to quilt. I now have 25 left to quilt which makes me 73% done quilting the melons. For the centers, last Monday I had 18 to quilt and now I have 15 left to quilt which means I am 62% done with the melons. I have 43 days until my goal date of getting this quilt finished. With 40 elements, that is a melon or a center, left to quilt I now only have to quilt one element at day and I will meet my goal. I took the safety pins out of the quilt and thread basted what I have left to quilt. I definitely do not follow the standard procedures for quilting a quilt!
I spent Saturday basting and then would take breaks from that to sew together the rest of the 16 patch blocks I had ready. I sewed together 73 blocks. Here they are pressed.
I decided I was going to make a twin sized quilt so here are the blocks laid out on the design wall
I had enough blocks to make a baby quilt
I had three blocks left over which I will put in another baby quilt. I still have the strips that were not the full width of the fabric to sew together into blocks so these will be added to those three blocks.
We had a heck of a storm yesterday late afternoon on Sunday. The wind was blowing the rain so hard it look like a hurricane! I had to pick up the trash bins this morning that got blown over. I am glad they were empty. At least I didn't have to go out and water.