It was a busy three days and I spent a lot of time working on the DWR quilt. I now have 22 of the 40 centers done which puts me at 55% complete for the centers, and I have 37 more melons to quilt which puts me at 60% done. I have 50 days left so if I keep up the pace of at least two elements a day, I will make my goal of having this done by the end of August.
I had to give my fingers a break on Saturday so I switched to sewing together the 16 patch blocks. It is funny that they appear brown when they are mostly marron and wine colors. Must be the bad lighting. There are some taupe, navy blue, and tans in these blocks too. I got 54 blocks sewn and pressed. Here they are on the design wall with the other 7 I already had made.
Sunday morning is was cooler, but humid. I braved the humidity and weeded all of the front flower beds. It took almost 2 hours, but the weeds are gone for now. I attempted to dead head the Shasta daisies, but found the job to be futile. There are thousands of flower heads and it would take hours and hours to cut each one. I am going to have to rethink this.
Monday, July 13, 2020
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
brown and maroon will usually read the same in a photo. Even dark plum will look brown. I'm sure it is rich and pretty in close up.
I started deadheading the Dianthus with a pair of scissors and finally gave up and just gave the whole top of the plant a haircut.
The blocks show up mostly as maroon on my computer monitor, there is a nice flow of light and dark. I was going to suggest what Wanda did with her Dianthus, the plant doesn't look too good for a couple of weeks but usually comes back stronger than ever.
You are a champ to hand quilt someone else's DWR. I've watched you and Wanda make a variety of 16 patches. What a good way to use our scraps. Hope your finger feel better soon.
Now that you have more blocks complete. I can totally see more maroon now. Love the variations in the 16 patch quilt.
Post a Comment