Thursday, July 16, 2020

More progress on the DWR quilt

Progress yesterday was getting two more melons quilted. That would make six quilted in the last three days so I think I have 31 more to go.

I took Wanda's advice and fertilized my squash to see if that would help my problem of them not maturing. The fruit would form, but then the blossom end would start to shrivel and the squash would not get any bigger. Here is a picture of one that did that.

There are two more on the plant I am not sure if they are going to grow or not. The plant seems healthy so I have no idea what it's problem is.

I do have one nice size squash that is growing! It was hard to get a picture of it buried under those leaves.

I am taking a day of vacation tomorrow so that means another 3 day weekend - yeah! The forecast is calling for hot and humid weather so I won't be doing much outside. It will probably be another 3 days of working on the DWR quilt and sewing more of the 16 patch blocks together. Less time at work right now is better since we have had our second covid case. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the fertilizer works. The other thing is this summer is very hot and maybe they like slightly cooler weather like the tomatoes do.

Kathy S. said...

That is happening to my friends zucchini too! She has hers planted in the ground vs. pots. I think it's the water. We are having to water them with hose water vs. rain water. My water does not run through the softner and comes strait from the well. I'm not sure how it works for city water.

The little squash that is developing nicely looks YUMMY! I didn't get any yellow squash to grow that I know of.

Yes, it's supposed to be another scorcher tomorrow. Hope your fingers aren't getting sore from all that hand work. It's definitely worth it and will be a beautiful finish.

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend! I can't help at all with gardening questions.