Tuesday, July 21, 2020

DWR, squash, and new fabric

I had been thinking about how long have I had the DWR quilt. I searched my blog and found the first time I had posted about it was November 3, 2015. I think I had it a few months already though. Yes, it is time to get it done and returned to the owner.

I met my goal and got one melon done yesterday.

The 16 patch baby quilt is almost sewn together. I got four rows done last night. I plan on finishing the other two tonight.

I found a picture of the quilt that I had on my phone that was my inspiration. Unfortunately I don't have any information about this quilt.

I went ahead and picked my yellow squash. It is about 9 1/2" long and will be cut up tonight, cooked, and go into a stir fry dish with some soft noodles and broccoli. There was another squash on the plant, but it was shriveling up so I cut it off. I sure hope I get more than one squash off this plant! LOL!!

I have been trying not to buy any fabric, but I couldn't resist these cute dotted fabrics. It was only 5 dollars a yard and I didn't pay any tax or shipping so it was a really good deal. They will be added to the group of fabrics I have been gathering for baby quilts.

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Good progress on all fronts. You manage to get a lot done most days! Kudos to you!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, what a fabulous deal for those cute dots. They will be great for baby quilts :)