I was busy yesterday and made progress! I had to stop at JoAnn's on my way home and get a spool of navy thread. I needed it so I could hem this top for one of the guys at work. I had other darker blue thread, but they just weren't dark enough.
I got two melons and one center done. There is another center I got outlined, but I didn't get the four melon shapes quilted so right now it doesn't count. I either miscounted or did the math wrong with the number of melons I had done. As of this morning I have 49 of the 93 melons quilted which is 52% done and I now have 15 of the 40 centers quilted which is 37%. I have given myself a goal to get these done by the end of August which gives me 54 days to get 44 melons and 25 centers done.
I squeezed in a few minutes to get four more 16-patch blocks made.
I am taking Friday as a vacation day. My big plans are to try and finish up my laundry room floor and of course make a dent in the DWR quilt. Hot with possible thunderstorms for the weekend so my time will be limited/short outside. The heat and lack of rain had the Shasta daisy flowers turning brown already! I will deadhead them and if they will bloom again. There are other plants in the yard that are doing ok; it's the ones at the curb that a fading quickly. Have a great weekend!