Thursday, July 2, 2020

DWR progress and the squash

I was happy to make more progress on the DWR quilt. I got one melon and two centers quilted yesterday. So now I have 48% of the melons quilted up from 43% since Monday, and 25% of the centers quilted up from 15%.

I labeled two quilts last night to give to a lady I work with. A friend of hers was found to have cancer when she was pregnant with her second child. She had to undergo an emergency C-section then 4 more surgeries right after she had the baby including a tumor on her brain stem. The doctor's opened her up and cannot do anything about the cancer in her lungs. It is just a matter of time before she passes. She also has a 7 years old. I told my co-worker that the kids need quilts. She got me their names so here are the quilts for them - they are laying on top of the Gee's Bend piece that I still need to finish pin basting.

This is why I have a stash of baby quilts! Looking for suitable quilts last night I realized I need to make more. I don't have any pink girly quilts and overall I only have four more quilts in the stash. Yikes! I can't believe that they seem to find homes so quickly! I know I have a couple tops; I will have to dig those out and get them pin basted. That will at least be a start!

My deck garden is doing well. Last night I saw that one of the squash is hanging off the side of the pot. It will be fun to watch it grow.

I am looking forward to another 3 day weekend. You all have a safe and happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are pacing yourself pretty well on the double wedding ring, great progress.

Such a sad story with that need for quilts. Yes we keep making them and giving them.

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh that's so sad! The quilts will bring some comfort to the family.