First items to get done were pin basting two baby quilts and finishing pin basting the Gee' Bend quilt. I forgot to take a picture. I decided to start sewing together the strips I had cut May 2 and 3rd that were hanging on the design wall.
Here is what the design wall looks like now. The bits and pieces of the marron and navy strips are sitting on the table. I sew these together after I get the 122 done.
I hemmed this top for one of the guys at work. I could only take it up an 1" because of the label. The label is printed on. He has another shirt that needs shortened, but I didn't have any navy blue thread.
I even did my mending!
I did get 3 more centers and 4 more melons quilted on the DWR quilt.
It was either too humid or too hot to work outside this weekend. I did enjoy fireworks from the comfort of my air conditioned living room courtesy of my neighbors. One household shot their fireworks off Friday night and the other household did their's Saturday. The only outside work I did was to stick two of my litrope plants back in the ground that the neighbor's cat dug up and give them and the flowers a drink of water. Here is what the front looks like looking toward the street. When driving up the cul-de-sac you can't see that center bed. The ornamental grass blocks the view so it is like I have my own secret garden in my front yard. This fall I will have to transplant a few things so I can fill in that empty spot in the middle of that center bed.