Tuesday, June 19, 2018

What next?

Since blogger has changed something that your comments don't show up in my gmail anymore, I guess I will reply to your comment in the comment section or just email you. I hate when they randomly change stuff.

I received another email from the High Arts Festival that they have extended their deadline for entries. They did this last year too. I think they did this because they are not getting the participation they planned on which doesn't surprise me with the shenanigans that one guy with the carved sticks has pulled over the last four years and that an acquaintance of his also won a top prize in another category last year. Behavior like this discourages people.

I had started my JB piece for the festival this year, but I haven't had much time to work on it.
I decided I would get it out again and see what I could get done. I have thread and plenty of bobbins wound to machine quilt the two white t-shirts. After that there will not be much left to quilt then I can start the hand embroidery work. I should easily get the quilting done before the next gig with the band which then I will have some hand work I can do while I sit at the merch booth. I am still not sure I will participate in the festival, but I want to finish this piece anyway.

I was really tired last evening from all the power washing on Sunday plus the heat and humidity yesterday so I didn't do much. I did make a batch of red pepper hummus and had some for a light dinner.
I also did some laundry and went out at 7 to water my plants. It was still 87 degrees!

I forgot to post this picture of a doe and her two fawns I saw early Sunday morning in my backyard. The fawn were running around like crazy! It was hard to get a picture since they did not stand still for very long. I had never seen fawn run around like these two were doing. It was fun to watch them. Mom mostly just stood there while her twins were going crazy.
I took this picture thru the bathroom window so there is some reflection.

No comments: