Thursday, June 21, 2018

Rocks and quilting

The guys on site help me load some more rocks yesterday. I only let them put four in the car since a couple of them were kind of big. I had already taken out the smallest rock before I took this picture.

My method of getting the rocks out of the car is I put the blanket between the wheelbarrow and the car bumper. I slowly roll the rock to the sloped end of the wheelbarrow bracing the wheelbarrow to the bumper with my legs. I let the rock slide down the slope and then I can move the rock to where in the yard I am going to use it. I have gotten better at this and I have the bruises on my thighs from the first couple of times I did this before I figured out the best way to unload those 70-80 pound rocks! I need some big rocks for the planting bed in the back. I don't want to put too much weight in my car so I only take a few rocks at a time depending on the size. Now if the weather would just cooperate so I could work in the yard. The humidity had been extremely high all week.
I did get some quilting done on the JB piece. I am happy to be working on this again.

I played around with the machine last night and figured out I could tape up the walking foot so it wasn't just hanging down. Yes, I will eventually have to get it fixed, but I want to get out my other machine and look to see how the spring is attached. Maybe I can just buy the part and fix it myself.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those rocks really are heavy! It has to be hard to roll them to the exact position you want in the garden too.

I hope you can fix the dual feed yourself. Shipping a machine is so iffy. You never know if the transport worker will read the Fragile label. The replacement computer boards are almost non-existent at this point so repair of that is unlikely.

Janie said...

You are persistent! And everything gets better with practice.
Our weather cooled off here today.
Happy summer, today is the first day!

Kaja said...

Nice to see you are managing to quilt, despite the difficulties. You could call this blog "Rocks and Quilts" at the moment. :-)