Monday, June 11, 2018

I ended up getting 5 equipment covers made and handed them off when went to the show on Saturday. Unfortunately when we get to a venue I have to stay at the merch booth
so I didn't get to see or take pictures of the covers for bass player. He said they fit perfect! My brother said the ones for Michael's amps fit great. With all the shows we have this summer I know I will get a picture of them sometime.

The band was suppose to play until 9 p.m., but all eyes were on the radar. There was a storm coming so the band played threw it's breaks and quit playing at 8:25. My brother had started packing up what equipment he could and I had started packing up what I could in the merch booth. The merch cases have to go on the trailer first so it can be a little tricky to pack up when you have people wanting to buy t-shirts and CDs. Thanks goodness we got the trailer loaded before this hit us.

Janice asked if the car cover fabric is easy to sew on my machine and it is. It is a non-woven material that doesn't fray and is hard to rip. My brother had two other pieces of equipment he wants covers for so it looks like I will be busy this week with those and some stuff for another brother. I need to make two panels out of black flame retardant fabric called Duvetyne to cover the base of a riser. Here is the drawing with the measurements.

And I need to make a pedal board cover from this

I rolled out the Duvetyne that I had to see if I have enough and I am going to have just enough if I cut the fabric in four 55" wide x 33" long pieces. I am going to have to piece the panels, but otherwise I would have to order more fabric. He needs them ASAP so we will just put a seam in them and be done with it.

I do have to order the 2" loop tape so it will be a couple days until that shows up. In the meantime I can get the panels and the pedal cover made so all I will have to do is sew the loop tape on when it arrives.

I did get a special order boxy pouch made for my friend that bought the flamingo one. The little girl wanted Anna from Frozen - I had to get educated on this as I have never seen the movie - so I bought 3/8 of a yard of the only fabric the local JoAnn's had and whipped up the pouch. I used the same fabric for the lining as I did for the outside.

I did go and weed my front flower bed a bit. It's was bad.

I pulled weeds until the storm blew in

The bed looks a little better, but there is a lot more work that needs done.

While I was out there I noticed I need to do something about my Shasta daisy plants. The three on the left are big and the two on the right are little. It looks funny.

I did get the rest of the t-shirts cut up and interfaced.
I don't have them all hung up on the wall yet.


Charlene S said...

Busy as usual!

Vicki W said...

What a busy weekend!

Janie said...

You've got a lot done!
And those covers, very useful, I'm glad they turned out.
The wild daisies and fox gloves are blooming along the roadsides and fields around here.
My grand daughters really like the'Frozen' movie, I've seen it with them several times.
They have it at home.
Have a great day!