Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Bummer

I went to get my machine set up to machine quilt the JB quilt and I heard a little funny sound. Here it was a spring that holds the integrated walking foot in place. There must be a hook at the other end because I could tell something broke off. I will have to contact my sewing machine repairman and get my machine shipped to Pennsylvania. In the meantime I have a second machine so I will switch them out.

Here I am holding the walking foot that is loose. I probably could drive my machine to PA to get it fixed, but it would be a 3 1/2 hour drive one way. I would rather spend the postage than spend an entire day driving.

I had to mow last night. It seems I am mowing a lot this year! At least the mower started on the first pull - YEAH!!! This morning I took a picture of the Shasta daisies out front at 5:25 a.m. when I took the trash bin out to the curb. Lot of blooms!

Now here is the wide shot. I am not sure what to do about the two plants that are so little compared to the other three. Looks kind of sad - LOL!! I don't want to do any transplanting right now so I think I will at least give them some fertilizer and see if I can get a growth spirt.

2 comments:

Janie said...

Lovely Shasta daisies!
And this is the time of year for mowing grass. We're staying with family so we don't have that
responsibility, whew.
Sorry to hear your machine needs repair. It looks like a Pfaff, I'm sewing with a Pfaff now.
I like it.
Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Kaja said...

What a pain that your machine is not working but at least you have a spare one. Shasta daisies are quite tough, so I guess feeding the sad ones might be enough to get them going.