Monday, December 11, 2017

Winner and what a weekend

The winner of the ebook Create your own improv quilts by Rayna Gillman goes too

Charlotta

I have sent your email address to Rayna and she will send you your copy. Congrtulations!

The roofers came Friday afternoon since it was sunny out and tore out my old, broken gutter guards and replace them with Gutter Brush. There is no way I was climbing up on the roof to do this! While they were up there they found the rubber flashing around my waste vent pipe was in horrible condition.

They told me the rubber flashing needs replace about every 10 - 12 years; mine was going on 14 1/2! They fixed it

The guys also took pictures of my turtle vents and showed me that all three of them have been damaged by either birds or maybe a raccoon. They will get me new ones and replace those. I will be all set for winter!

I spent a lot of time trying to get the living room and two bedrooms cleared out for the flooring guy coming today. Friday my brother came over and the kitchen and master bathroom are now full of furniture. What a mess!

The worst part is I pulled my lower back and then I really was moving slow. I didn't get everything done that I needed to do. The floor sanding guy said he would help me slide the mattress into the kitchen when he comes today. We will have to put up plastic barricades, take down curtains, and I still need to finish a repair on the wood floor. Today my back feels better, but I am sore from my neck to my lower back. When it is time to move the furniture back, I am going to call someone to do that. I don't know who yet; maybe two guys and a truck even though I just need the two guys.

I did get two pillow cases made for a friend of my brother. Yes, the design is not all going in the same direction. I thought I had it right when I pinned it. Oh well.

I have no idea what it is going to be like living thru this floor refinishing, but it can't be any worse than remodeling I have been thru in the past. I have a feeling it is going to take weeks to get the house back together. I will post pictures tomorrow of the before.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is usually a several day process with them coming back and buffing or sanding between coats. I had the smelly kind of finish this last time so I was glad I did it in the fall and could have windows open. I wasn't happy with the water based finish the first time. It will look so good when they are done that you will know it was worth all of the work.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I don’t envy you the floor work. I was surprised to see those vent covers. Change is in your future!

Ann said...

Parts of the roof I didn't even know about. Thanks for the heads up.
Good luck with the floor reno and your poor aching back.

Vicki W said...

I love that chimney and roofing companies now just take cell phone photos so we can see what they are talking about. It's saved us too.
I'm sorry about your back. I hope the floor refinishing goes well and that you feel better soon!

swooze said...

Show us your repair. Feel better!