Friday, June 30, 2017

Five to go

I got the border done on one more t-shirt block so I only have five more to stitch and then it will be on to stitching around the lettering on each shirt.

I was surprised to see a few more flowers on my Icelandic poppy this morning including a red one.

At least I know the deer won't eat them. How? Well this morning I saw one of these two deer come from the front of the house to the back yard. They have not touch the lavender (which is growing quite well), the poppy, daisies, or coneflowers. I didn't look at the day lilies. I still am not use to the deer wandering the neighborhood.

My plans this weekend are: my nephew has a show which I will work if we don't get rained out, stitch on the R.E.M. quilt, get started on sewing together the Harley quilt, and watching the Tour de France which starts July 1. I would take vacation on Monday, but since I am alone on the job site somebody has to be here when the contractor is working. They are also working on the 4th - total bummer.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

2 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Wow, hand stitching a T-shirt quilt that takes dedication! But it looks really great!

cspoonquilt said...

The embroidery stitching around the blocks looks great and your stippleing is so even! Good luck with your entry! cheers!