Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Weeding, digging, and sewing Oh My!

I sat down for dinner last evening and the next thing I know it was 6 p.m.! It was a nice cool evening so I decided I would weed one of the flower beds a bit. Here is the before.

It looks better now. We had some rain the night before which helped soften up the ground. I rained last night too a bit. When pulling weeds I found about a half dozen zinnias coming up from seeds that must have survived from last year. I still need to plant my seeds - coneflowers and Shasta daisies - and I will do that tonight since the high today is only forecasted to be 68. Since the front yard faces the south it is just too hot to work out there when it is in the 80's and 90's.

I promised one of the fellows at work that I would bring him three more Lenten roses so I went around back and dug those up. Here they are in buckets. I gave them a drink of water and took them to work with me this morning. He has a shady backyard and a deer problem so this plant is the solution for both of those issues. I have given him some of these before and he really likes them. He is impressed how much his have grown and filled out in such a short amount of time.

I was up early this morning and sewed together one more block of the current baby quilt top.

No comments: