Thursday, June 2, 2016

Orange log cabin top is done

It was too hot - 89 degrees - to be outside last evening so I spent my time sewing together the orange log cabin baby quilt. You can see that I rearranged the strips a bit. I thought the other arrangement shown the day before was too boring.

It is now hanging with the other two tops I have made from the strips I cut last fall. I will probably wait until I get 8 - 10 tops done before I start finishing them. It will be like mass production! It will be nice to have my stash of baby quilts rebuilt.

I still have this pile of strips for more baby quilts. I will be arranging them today on the design wall for quilt top number four.

and I have this pile of scraps. I have several ideas on how I am going to use these scraps in making at least two more baby quilts from them. I will be adding white or off white to them.

I bought a 12" fan yesterday at the grocery/discount stuff store. I had bought a small one last year and it has worked well for being so inexpensive. This one was $13.99. It took about 5 minutes to assemble. I like the way the guard is attached with clips. That will make it easy to take it off to clean the blades in the future. I bought this for the bedroom for additional air movement with the AC. With the fan I don't have to turn the thermostat down as far. Also, the fan was quiet which is surprising for such an inexpensive fan.


Charlene S said...

I have a fan like that in my studio to help with air flow too. I love it! Having baby quilts in your stash is a help.

Vicki W said...

You are getting a really nice stash of baby quilts. It looks like a good activity to do in between embroidery sessions.