Tuesday, June 14, 2016

That took how long to embroider?

No messing about last evening. After I gave the seeds and canna a drink of water and threw the sheets in the washer I started working on the AC/DC piece while I watched reruns of Top Gear and the Tony Awards which I had taped. So let's call it 4:30 to 8:00 and this is what I got done - I finished the 1977 area. Aren't those blue stars cute?

Then I started working on the lettering that says "Let There Be Rock." The ROCK is done. The texture that the backstitching gives is wonderful. I wish you could feel it! Here it is and the next picture shows you the different the embroidery makes to the letters. It just makes me smile! I was on the fence with the light blue/green on the outside of the lettering, but now I like it.

I saw another doe in the backyard this morning having breakfast. She looks pregnant to me so there may be another fawn shortly.

This morning I had a few minutes so I added a few more pieces of fabric to the baby quilt that is on the design wall. Here is what it looks like now.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

hand embroidery is very time consuming but I agree, it adds a lot to the designs!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

The green was the perfect choice, but I would never have thought of it. And hey, what are you doing spending precious time on the other quilt? asks your slave driver friend.