Friday, June 28, 2013

Fawns, flowers, and fish

The sky cleared and the art museum's Downtown at Dusk event went smoothly. We were at least under the canopy and had a nice cool breeze. People where saying it was hot out in the parking lot where they were sitting.

I thought I would catch up on the goings on around Casa Patty. Remember the canna I planted three weeks ago and how yellow they were?

Well here they are this morning. They are now purple and green. Gosh, I need to weed!

Here are the twins chillin' in the backyard this morning. Notice they are both facing the camera looking at me with their ears perked up wondering if I was a threat. The picture is a bit dark, but at the distance I was from them the flash would have done no good.

My coneflowers are now blooming. Now I planted white swan coneflower seeds and this is what I have:
Not white, but pretty. Seems as if the seeds got mixed up a bit when they were packaged. It will be interesting to see what else blooms.

I have my sewing machine all threaded and ready for quilting tonight as soon as I get home from work.

Look what I have for meals this weekend - freshly caught salmon! A friend of mine when fishing for the first time with her man friend and his son. She caught a 22 pound salmon in Lake Michigan. I have it in the refrigerator thawing out so I should be ready to cook when I get home. Yum!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those flower beds are looking good. I need to do yard worth this weekend too. To keep the snakes off the patio, or at least trim so I can see them. Not that I really want too.......

The twins are so cute! We get deerfamkliesat our back fence at night.