Monday, June 17, 2013

3rd and 4th finishes of 2013

It is hard for me to even think today - I don't feel good at all. Remember last year when I told you how the nerve to my teeth on the left side of my face hurt? It went on for 3 or four months. Well it finally stopped until this weekend. I don't know what got that nerve all stirred up again, but does it ever hurt! I found some pain killers, but they make me so tired. I stopped at the grocery this morning and bought some oral jell to see if that would help with the thumping.

Peg came up Saturday and left Sunday morning. We had a great time! She worked on cutting up her late husband's t-shirt for quilts. She left me the scraps to use for caulking rags.

Next Peg worked on cutting up his Hawaiian shirts for quilts. I asked for the scraps.

I machine quilted the yellow and gray baby quilt and a pink pinwheel quilt. I still have one side of the binding to finish hand sewing on the pink quilt. So that adds 2,087 plus 1,424 square inches to the 4,352 square inches already done for a grand total of 7,863 square inches done in June for the quilt your quilts challenge.

Sunday afternoon I went to Lorain with my brother, sister-in-law and Michael. Michael sat in with another band. The lakefront was beautiful. I managed to come home with a pocket full of rocks.

I felt really bad by the time we got back. I went to be shortly after I got home.

2 comments:

Elaine M said...

Sorry to hear that you are having so much pain, hope it goes away quickly. Nice pile of rocks; love the Hawaiian shirt scraps.

Vicki W said...

I am glad you had a great weekend despite the pain. I have a lot of jaw pain but I know it's from grinding my teeth. I think I have finally resolved most of it with my sleeping position. I hope yours gets resolved soon.