Monday, July 1, 2013

The tour and quilting


No I did not spend my weekend in Corsica. That is where the Tour De France started this year. What a beautiful place! The big story was one of the team buses getting stuck under the finishing banner. When this happened the riders were only about 20 minutes from the finish. There was a lot of scurrying around and they finally got the bus out with less then 10 minutes to spare.

I spent the entire weekend quilting except for making a quick trip to the grocery and three loads of laundry. I started and finished quilting this 81 X 97.75 quilt using approx. 2800 yards of thread. I had wound 40 bobbins. I used a blue variegated Star thread for the center portion and the middle border. I switched to a dark blue spool of Essential thread for the blue borders. This adds 7,917 square inches to my previous 11,002 for a total of 18,919 square inches of free motion machine quilting for the month of June. This will be the family xmas quilt and it feels good to have it done now and not be pressed at xmas time trying to get it done. I will post a picture of the full quilt once I get the binding on it.

I have the binding cut. I thought the red binding would be fun.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, Christmas in July! That is what I call planning ahead!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Way to go, girlfriend! You are over the top now in inches!

I think you are #1!

Love the quilting on that Christmas Quilt.