Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Progess in the backyard cleanup and on the sewing front

I am posting late as we were watching a huge fire down the street from where I work. Huge plumes of black smoke and there were seven huge fireballs that had to be 100 feet high. I don't know what happened, but I just hope no one was injured.
Here is my pile of debris I racked up in the first evening of the big backyard clean up. Two hours and 15 minutes of raking, then weed wacking, then raking again to get a wheelbarrow full of sticks and four wheelbarrow loads of dead grass and leaves. What a mess!

This is what the area looks like now after the clean up. I still need to get rid of the junk leaning against the garage, but over all it looks so much better!

This area is next. I plan on planting all my extra daffodil bulbs in this area so I will have some fun color next spring.

It was 7:45 before I finally sat down at the machine. I was tired, but I went ahead and managed to sew these two section together. Tonight is quilt group (so not yardwork tonight!) and we are meeting at a new quilt shop that opened last year. I have never been there so it will be fun to see what they have.

No comments: