Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Dec. 1 already!

As promised, here is the list of items I took with me when I went to hand my quilts. I didn't use everything on the list, but some things I thought would be just a good idea to have just in case.

the quilts
the hanging rods
ladder
pencil
measuring tape
fishing line for hanging the pieces from the ceiling grid
T-pins
a level
blue painters tape
sissors
lint roller
straight pins
iron, towels, and water
camera
Command reusable tabs and I should have had the Command hooks too
Signs
poster board showing the process for making the TDF piece
grid hooks

I quilted a bit last night again on this piece since I needed some mindless down time. While I was working I thought I ought to start pulling out my neutral fabric and start cutting out the pieces I will need for the family xmas quilt instead of working on this piece.


Here are about a dozen units I cut out. It's a start. As usual, I don't have a plan - I haven't figured out how many blocks I will need - I just start cutting and will fill in the blanks as I go. I will continue tonight to dig thru my neutrals and cut out more pieces. Tomorrow evening I will rummage thru my Mom's stash and cut out the remaining piece I need for this block. The only plan I have is to start putting together the blocks this weekend.

No comments: