Monday, June 18, 2018

So much for making a list

I had made a list of things I wanted to get done this past weekend and I ended up going in a different direction. So much for making a list! LOL!!! I will call it being flexible! Friday I spent cutting out more equipment covers and baking cookies for the gig we had that evening. I rolled up all the pieces and parts for each cover and labeled them. We don't need these covers right away. My goal is to get them done for the show on the 29st.

That 20 yard roll of car cover fabric I bought - well, I have a half yard left! I guess I should have bought more. My brother decided I should make covers for the monitors and the speakers. We don't use our PA system much anymore so I won't make the covers until we have another PA gig.

I did get two pedal board covers made. Here is the one that will be headed out with the masks.

Friday night's show went well. We set up two tents - one for the sound board and the other for the merchandise booth. The crowd wasn't very large, but we had decent sales.

On Thursday evening I painted the foundation on the one side of the house that was prepped. I am not crazy about the color; it's a bit too brown, but it looks fresh.

On Sunday I decided to get my grocery shopping done early - I was there went they opened at 7 a.m. I got the stuff put away and then headed outside before it got too hot and started to power wash the rest of the foundation to prep for painting. 5 hours later I was done, a wet mess, and tired. Here are my soggy feet and dirty socks from the mud I created.
I was surprised how much paint came off. Now I will have to wait for it to dry out and then I can get it painted. Here is the before and after for the other side of the house

and here is the back. I also washed off the siding - you can see where I stopped. It was all the higher I could reach.

I also transplanted my lavender plants into larger containers. They had been in those white smaller container and we very root bound. I want to get the front flower bed redone before I planted these.

I also fixed my watchband, laundry, hung up the living room drapes (they had been down since I have the floors refinished), did dishes, and gathered up all the recycling and trash. Most of what I did was not on the list, but I feel like I was productive.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I rarely stick to my list either but it is good to get it all down on paper to refer to next time you need to get busy.

patty a. said...

Wanda, It would also help not to leave your list when you should have it with you! That is what happened to me yesterday. I did find some older lists and was happy that I had gotten almost everything done. On to the next one! LOL!!