Monday, April 15, 2013

1st finish of 2013

Yes, finally my first official finish of 2013! I am very happy with the way it turned out. I ended up using almost a whole 1200 yard spool of Essential Meadow thread to quilt this. I am glad it is done - now on to the next one!

The back.

I made the lable with some of the fabric that was used for making shirts for the musicians in Jimmy Buffet's band. This is the same fabric that I used in a couple of the blocks in the quilt I made brother for wedding gift.

Here is the Yo Gabba Gabba fabric I just received. Yo Gabba Gabba is s kids TV show. These will be for birthday quilts for the twin girls.

I spent some time Sunday afternoon pressing all my recent fabric purchses. So that is a good job done and they are all put away in the fabric storage room ready for the next project.

I went outside at 6 p,m. to start working on the center flower bed. I figured out real quick that the black plastic worked great on killing weeds over the winter, but the semi-opaque did nothing but act like a greenhouse. I have lots of grass and weeds to pull in that area. I worked on the bed for 2 hours.

I more than half way done with this bed thank goodness! I am going to try and finish is tonight because they are calling for rain the rest of the week.

No comments: