Monday, June 6, 2011

Quilt-a-palooza results

Twenty hours and 3300 yards of thread later and the wedding quilt is quilted. It is 88" x 91". I quilted for twelve hours on Saturday and eight hours on Sunday. I took a break on Sunday and altered the bridesmaid dress, but the last two hours of quilting on Sunday were very hard. I wanted to quit, but I was so tired and so close to being done so I took a deep breath and stuck with it. To say the least not a whole lot of anything else was accomplished this weekend. I did wash a load of clothes and did the dishes, but that was about it.


I have the binding cut, ready to press in half and sew on. I will work on the binding the next couple of evenings. My goal is to get this in the mail by Friday and yes I will post a picture once it is done.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That is what I call Marathon Quilting! Now go to sleep! LOL.

glen: can't wait to see it

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know how hard it it to push on those last couple hours. I'm glad you got the quilting done though.