Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Finally I can post
Last evening my friend came over so I could help her with the baby quilt project she has been working on and that I have been guiding her. We first had some vegatable soup that I made on Sunday and hot homemade cheddar biscuits fresh out of the oven. We then headed down to the studio. First we trimmed the blocks and cut the strip sets, arranged them on the design wall, and then she started sewing them together. We ended up having to change the quilt from the pattern because the daisy blocks were too big to cut down to match the size of the bug blocks, and the strip sets were not measuring the correct width. She was concerned, but I said "trust me". We played around withe wide daisy border until we were satisfied with our solution. The botton border is sewn on and we quit at 10:15 p.m. She had arrived at 4:45 p.m. and had a hour trip home. I think it will be cute when it is done.