Monday, August 1, 2022

B&W quilt progress, the show, and yardwork

I made some decent progress on the B&W quilt this busy weekend. I did the math and it seems like I got more done that what I calculate. I have the center star, the adjoining white squares and triangles, the white triangles, and the black triangles on one side done. That comes to 18% quilted.  This quilt is 104" x 89.5".
Friday night the band played at Cuyahoga Falls so I drove myself so I could bring my box fan. We had a great crowd and I kept busy at the merch booth. There were also lots of food trucks. It was a really nice event.
Even though I was only 20 minutes away from my house, I still didn't get to bed until 12:15 a.m.
Saturday I quilted when I could muster up the energy and Sunday I was up early because I needed to weed the center front yard flower bed. I decided to finally take the time to rip out the roadside day lilies. The deer eat most of the flowers and blossoms so there is no point in having them.
They weren't too bad to dig out. I ended up with a wheelbarrow and a half of plants.
Now I could get to all the weeds under that mugo pine. I will have to go thru the soil to dig out any day lily roots I missed, amend the soil with some compost, then I will toss down some coneflower seeds to see if I can get them started before cold weather sets in. I have another patch of day lilies I want to dig up and do the same thing. I am so glad to have at least got this one bunch of day lilies pulled up.


Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's hard to get all of the daylily roots out the first time but the few that come up the next couple years are easy to pull or dig out. I hope you have luck with coneflower seeds. I have never tried growing any that way.

Vicki W said...

Another really busy weekend for you!