Monday, August 29, 2022

15th finish for 2022

What a busy three days! Let's start off with the finishing of the black and white quilt! After washing, it measures 87 1/2 x 102 1/2. It started out at 104 x 89 1/2. The fabric was white Kona and black Kona. I don't know the maker of the striped fabric. The back is a grunge wide backing. I didn't get a picture of the back - I ran out of time, but I will get one tonight and post it tomorrow.
Friday the band played in Lorain, Ohio. We were right next to the river.
I had made Chocolate Peppermint Pan banging cookies for our group. They were not too sweet and tasted a lot like Girl Scout Thin Mints.
Here is the merch booth and a picture my SIL took of the crowd. My nephew is in the red pants.
I got to bed around 12:30 a.m. Saturday we had a show in Kent. Both days the sun was so hot and it was a struggle. Thank goodness the shade brought a lot of relief. Here is the merch booth early on and after dark when it is all lit up.
We had a great crowd and the evening turned out beautiful. The kids put on a great show both nights.
I did get a little cross stitch done while I sat at the merch booth before the shows.
Saturday I was in bed around 11:30; still a late night for me. Sunday morning I worked on the B&W quilt binding and cut down a tree. The tree wasn't doing very well. The only green was on the very outside, all the interior was bare. I still have some cleanup to do, but the sun was getting too hot.
I also made a pot of chili for meals this week, did several loads of laundry, and got some of the chunky strip stets made for that baby quilt I need to get done.
I'm tired. It is going to be a long day at work.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are still ahead of me on finishes and you work a full time job and a side gig selling Michael's merchandise. Plus house repairs and cutting down trees.
Wonder woman for sure! I'm glad you got the black and white quilt finished. Was it the largest of your quilts waiting in line to be finished?

Vicki W said...

Congrats on the big finish! It turned out great and was worth the wait to get it finished. Is this one destined for any specific recipient or are you keeping it?