With stitching at lunchtime yesterday, I managed to get the odds and ends quilt done. Last night I sewed on the patches. I am skipping the ribbons right now. The quilt turned out 70" x 94" and I quilted it with off white thread. I used some African fabric my brother had bought for me in NYC years ago. I liked the selvages so I centered them on the back.
I also worked on that to do list. I got the bag made for the used autographed drum heads that we sell at the merch booth. This bag is bigger than the ones I make to give away. Thanks Cherie for the fabric! This bag will replace the tall kitchen trash bag my SIL has been using.
Then I got the tent cover fixed. Here is a picture of the problem and the fix. This was actually an easy job and while I was at it I reinforced the other three corners.
I found some fabric for the drum head display mat.
So here is what my to do list looks like now - making progress!
I am taking vacation Thursday and Friday. The band has a show and I won't get to bed until late Thursday night. We will catch up Monday!
That is a lot of finishes for so early in the year!!
Have fun with your long weekend. It's going to be hot this weekend here, you may be a day later with the heat.
The bag looks great and it does my heart good that the tall kitchen trash bag is out of work :) I love that you centered the salvage on the back of the quilt...I have some international fabric with cool salvages so I may have to copy you.
This quilt is so cool. It's like something for nothing.
You've been very busy. I tried to repair something shredded like your tent cover but wasn't as successful as you. Congrats on getting so much done.
Post a Comment