Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A little bit done

I only had time to sew a few flannel strips together
As soon as I got home from work I got to work on putting that twin bed together. I found the hardware
hauled in the side rails from the garage and found the pieces that go from side to side to hold up the mattress. One hour and 20 minutes later I finally had the frame together. Geeze! It was not easy doing this by myself. Then the slot where I had to put the washer and hex nut in to screw the bolt into was so small I couldn't get a wrench to fit in it.  That was a challenge!
My Dad had made this bed for my Mom to display a quilt on, but Dad did you have to make the slot so small? LOL!! Anyways, it is put together and now I have to get a box spring for it. I stuck the mattress on it to get the mattress off the floor.
Just so you don't think I have this room all fixed up, here is the rest of the stuff I need to deal with all stuffed at the other end of the room. I can see a trip to the donation center coming for some of it.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't know how you could get that frame together by yourself. I can just see one piece sliding out as the next is put in place.

swooze said...

Wow I’ll grab Glenda and we’ll be right up!!

Ann said...

I agree with Wanda. I usually need a helper when putting beds together. You always have a project and a plan. Good for you.