Thursday, August 19, 2021

Still sewing strips and fawn

Yes, I am still sewing flannel strips together, but I am so close to having all the darker flannel ones done. Here are the ones I got done
and here are the ones left to sew together
When I got home from work I decided since it wasn't raining (finally!) that I would take a quick walk around the yard. Much to my suprise a fawn jumped out of my big center flower bed! That is the flower bed in the foreground in this picture. It must have been resting or napping and I didn't see it until I startled it. It didn't go too far so I was able to get it's picture. I was amazed that I felt and heard it's hooves as it hopped out of the flower bed.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So if the deer aren't eating the flowers they are laying on them. They must think you have created all of that for them.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow, how amazing to see the fawn so up close and personal…..the presence of mind to get a picture :)

Robbie said...

How cool! I love seeing the deer in our Ring camera the next day...they jump the fence from our back yard and walk around the front of the house. When the auto lights come on, they pick up their head, look up, then go back to eating plants! I love them!