Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Progress on the t-shirt quilt and candy

I am having fun sewing this quilt together. Here is my progress so far:
Row 1 - nothing changed
Row 2 - I cut all the pieces the same width - 7" - but none are sewn together
Row 3 - the blue and black shirt pieces are sewn together and the tan and orange are sewn to each other
Row 4 - the teal and purple shirts are sewn, and the gray and orange shirts are trimmed


The reason why I am jumping around is because I need to get somethings sewn together so I can figure out how to work in the shirts I still have in a pile. With sewing small groups of shirts together it gives me the flexibility to adjust as I go. I am not one to measure things out and draft it out on paper. I like to fly by the seat of my pants, I like to throw it on the wall and see what happens, I like to wing it - ok, ok, you get the idea. LOL!!! The way things are going so far, I think I can add one more shirt to each row. Right now I have left some extra fabric that can be cut off at the top and bottom for adjusting the length of the rows. I can trim that off to get another shirt added.

Yesterday at work I got a box. What was in that box was a four pound box of candy, candy that evokes memories of childhood. Included was box of candy cigarettes! I can't believe they still make those! It was fun to look thru the box.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad that you are working on something fun. That box of candy looks dangerous!

Ann said...

I remember those candy cigarettes! Do you remember the little wax bottles of liquid? Like brandy bottles. What were our parents thinking? :-)
T-shirt quilts are so special, such meaning for the recipient.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember that Turkish Taffy. It was one of my childhood favorites.