Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Binding ready and tree is down

While I waited for the tree guys to show up yesterday, I got the binding sewn together and pressed for the quilt I can't show you. I am glad to have this ready.

It took the guys an hour and a half to take down the pine tree and then another 45 minutes to clean up. I took the tree down because the racoons were using it as a pathway to get on the roof. I had the side next to the house trimmed in years past, but paying three to four hundred every couple of years to trim it doesn't make sense. Besides that, the pine was blocking my neighbor's beautiful magnolia tree. Here are two views of the pine.
And here is the empty space.
The tree was outside my bedroom window and it was strange not to see it there. I wonder if the owls will be confused when they come and look for this tree and it is gone.

Here are a few pictures of the process of taking down the tree. The tree had to have been at least fifty feet tall.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I enjoyed the tree trimming without the noise! My neighbors had several trees taken down a few years ago and it is fun to watch how the guys do it.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is amazing to see th process of taking down a tree. Once we took down a pine tree when we lived in Hammond, LA. There was a family of bats in it. Not happy bats, but bats none the less.

Vicki W said...

Oh, I know it smelled wonderful while they were cutting it!

Kaja said...

I agree it makes sense to take it down. The side of your house looks like a much bigger space with it gone.