Monday, December 10, 2018

One busy three days!!

I took a half day's vacation on Friday to get some errands done and just to get out of this place. 130 miles later I had gone to the bulk food store in Sugarcreek, the courthouse in New Philadelphia, Miller's Creamery in Dover, and Marc's in North Canton. The caramel corn that they make at Miller's is so good and was for a Christmas present for a lady at work.

Saturday I got to Earth Fare at a little before 7 a.m. for their grand reopening and scored a five dollar gift card. I could not believe how many people were there at 7 in the morning! Next I went to breakfast with an x-cousin. Here is the French toast bananas foster that the ladies beside us had (the tables were very close together so you were very friendly with them),

my x-cousin got this quiche that had cranberries and walnuts

I had bacon and cage free eggs with the biggest croissant I have ever seen! The croissant was heavenly! I took the croissant home and put it on my palm so you could get an idea of how big it was.

Next stop was an Italian grocery store that I had never been in. I needed a wavy pastry wheel so I can cut apart my ravioli that I am making for Christmas. The smell in the store was incredible! They had a frozen section of all kinds of things, the most heavenly smelling hot out of the oven bread, and loads of different brands of pasta. Of course they had all kinds of cheeses, a huge deli counter, and homemade deserts individually package to grab for lunch. I will be shopping there in the future!

I got home just in time to head out again to help my nephew hang some wallpaper in a recording studio he is building for a fellow. Michael wanted to break up the walls between the sconces so we added the wallpaper panels and then after the walls are painted, my brother and Michael will frame the wallpaper panels with wood. I didn't get home until 7 p.m. and I was tired.

Michael gave me this lovely box of flavored green teas for helping him out. He is such a thoughtful guy!

Sunday included four loads of laundry, wrapping one more Christmas package (yes I thought I was done too! LOL!!) and addressing Christmas cards.

I also managed to finally get the secret project pin basted!!!!! I can finally start to get it quilted! Here is the back.

Before I left the house this morning I was thinking if there was a way to cook butternut squash in a crock pot. I googled Crock pot butternut squash and found direction on how to cook a butternut squash in a crock pot. You put the whole squash in the crock pot and turn it on. Mindblowing!! LOL!!! Low will take 6 to 8 hours, high about 4 hours. I put mine on low. I can't wait to see how this works.

This morning I had to move my desk again for the flooring guy. I went from here
to a restroom that the fixtures have not been installed yet.

My fridge and microwave are sitting in the corridor just outside the room because there is not enough room in this restroom for them. Thursday I will haul my file cabinet home and the Friday I have to move out to the home office. I will have to store the table, fridge and microwave in my garage too.

I have to take tomorrow off because the tree guys are coming to cut down a huge pine tree that the raccoons use to get on the roof. I will be glad to get that done. Have a great day!


3 comments:

swooze said...

Enjoy your day off. Hope the work move goes smoothly

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen a croissant that large. It looks like it could make 2 meals.

Ann said...

All your trips make me hungry. They must smell fabulous.