Monday, November 12, 2018

sewing, knitting, leaves

I worked on the quilt I can't show you and stitched up the rest of the guitar hook covers.

Friday when I got home I was tired because I had to spend 3 hours doing traffic control. See how this truck is so close to the corner?
People couldn't see around the corner to pull in front of the truck and they would end up having to drive in the left hand turn lane. I had to set up cones to make the left hand turn lane for them and direct the traffic coming toward the intersection use one lane and not the left hand turn lane. It kept me hopping especially when the semi truck came thru and I had to move all the cones so he could get thru.

Saturday I met one of my brothers over at another brother's house to rake leaves. I got there at 8 am and it was 25 degrees. There are two huge maple trees and they produce a lot of leaves. Yes, that is a bit of snow among the leaves. The leaves were frozen together so the blower just would not have worked.
Three hours later the back was looking better.

My brother had a big tarp that we would rake the leaves onto and then drag the tarp out to the curb to dump the leaves. I would squash the leaves down so we could put more leaves on top. We hauled 9 loads to the curb. Here is the pile after we finished topping the pile off with the leaves from the front. I went the grocery store when we were done, got something to eat and crashed. I was tired!

I did get a bit of knitting done on this scarf. I am using the hand dyed wool yard from a scarf I knitted two years ago. I took it apart and am knitting it again wider; the first time it was too narrow. I got about 3" knitted. I have another scarf I am using now, that teal/blue one, and it is too narrow also. After I get this gray one done I think I will undo the teal one and re-knit it.

See all those truck and equipment? I think we are going to get that parking lot paved today.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't raked the leaves yet because of the snow and cold. You were brave to get out there in freezing weather and get it done.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Well, that is one way to save on yarn expenses! LOL